Millbrook Bed and Breakfast is a short distance from the Trans Pennine Way and numerous footpaths and bridleways.
The highest market town in the county and one of the best-kept secrets in South Yorkshire and the Pennines.
Penistone is the closest town to Millbrook and offers pubs, restaurants and a cinema (Penistone Paramount). Market days are Thursday and Saturday. The railway station is on the Penistone Line which runs between Sheffield and Huddersfield.
Trans Pennine Trail
The most accessible, mainly off-road, coast-to-coast multi-user route across the spine of northern England.
The Trans Pennine Trail stretches 344km (213 miles) from Southport to Hornsea, passing within 900m of Millbrook. Millbrook is a convenient stopover a short distance from the top of the Woodhead Pass, the highest point of the journey. Within short distance are some of the old railway tunnels
The 2014 Grand Départ “le Tour de Yorkshire” was a resounding success
Enjoy riding part of the route of the 2014 Tour de France Yorkshire that passed close to Millbrook.
Check out the route here from Cycle Yorkshire.
There are many exciting and scenic routes in the local area. Check this site for suggested routes.
Yorkshire Sculpture Park
Great Art In The Great Outdoors.
Cannon Hall Farm
One of the biggest and best farm attractions in the UK.
Cannon Hall Farm is the official host farm for Channel 5’s TV show ‘Springtime on the Farm’ and also features in ‘This Week on the Farm’. Cannon Hall is ten minutes away from Millbrook and features include gardens, mansion, children’s farm, garden centre, restaurant and farm shop. There is a Maize Maze during the summer months.
So many other options…
- Holmfirth, the film location for Last of the Summer Wine is 8 miles north of Millbrook. Wander around the shops, get a coffee in Sid’s cafe and find Nora Batty’s house. Make sure you visit The Carding Shed for coffee or lunch.
- Elsecar Heritage Centre, a collection of craft, furniture and antique shops housed the old ironworks and colliery workshops. Also home to the world famous Newcomen Beam Engine.
- Wentworth village, a charming village close to Elsecar Heritage Centre featuring the stately home Wentworth Woodhouse, church, antique shops, excellent garden centre, pubs, restaurant and pleasant country walks.
- Cookery Courses – Penistone Pies run cookery courses for groups and individuals/couples at their premises 1 kilometre away.
- York, a little over an hour away and easily visited as a day trip from Millbrook. Attractions include the York Minster and Jorvik Viking Centre.
- National Coal Mining Museum is not far from the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
- Wortley Top Forge.
- Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
- Chatsworth House.
- Leeds and the Royal Armouries.
- Huddersfield, Kirklees Light Railway and Marsden Moor Estate and Tunnel End (NT).